Request for Proposal for Digital Video Production Services
Project: Victims’ Voices
Client: National Center for Victims of Crime
The National Center for Victims of Crime is seeking a skilled digital videographer/editor to produce (A) one video for use online, approximately 2 minutes in length, of a crime victim speaking about the importance of crime victim services to their recovery. This video will be used to garner support for a larger initiative and may lead to (B) as many as 10 similar original productions, in addition to (C) editing up to 50 user-submitted videos (for time, clarity of message, production value, and file format).
The National Center will identify and prepare the subject of the video and/or supply staff to conduct an interview.
The videographer will need to: meet with National Center staff in Washington, DC, to discuss the project; be available by phone during the length of the project; travel to the subject(s)* at a mutually agreeable time; supply all necessary recording, lighting, and editing equipment; work within an agreed-upon timeframe; edit the video for clarity, length, impact, and production value; provide client with source files and final export for use online.
*Travel will be within a 60-mile radius of Washington, DC, or reimbursable outside that radius.
Submissions should include:
- Cost estimates for each of the above deliverables (A, B, and C)
- A proposed timeline for shooting and producing the first video (A)—current working deadline of May 1
- A proposed timeline for shooting and producing 10 subsequent videos (B)—current working deadline of July 1
- A list of proposed equipment and delivery formats
- Suggested specifications for user-submitted videos (C)
- Examples of previous, similar work
- Recommendations from current or former clients
Submissions should be delivered no later than April 1, 2017, to Sam Webster, Technology and Policy Support Officer, at email@example.com.
Located in the heart of Washington, DC, the National Center for Victims of Crime is the nation’s leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims and those who serve them. Learn more at VictimsofCrime.org.