About NCVC: National Center for Victims of Crime advocates for victims' rights, trains professionals who work with victims, and serves as a trusted source of information on victims' issues. After more than 25 years, we remain the most comprehensive national resource committed to advancing victims' rights and helping victims of crime rebuild their lives.
Assistance for victims of crime is available through the National Center for Victims of Crime's web site, www.victimsofcrime.org.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Communications Associate is responsible for working across National Center programs as a member of the communications team to assist with all marketing endeavors and developmental growth for the organization.
- Collaborate with project teams and Chief Communications Officer to define short-term and long-term marketing, developmental and promotional needs, including emails, print pieces, social media deliverables, web content and grant writing
- Help to develop a long term strategic plan for promoting NCVC
- Work with senior management to plan and execute detailed outreach strategies and promotion campaigns for programs, including but not limited to grant outreach, Google Ad campaigns, Facebook campaigns and Twitter chats.
- Create and maintain a calendar that includes important project events and deadlines, grant deadlines, email send dates, launch dates, and other important information that is available for the organization to view.
- Write creative promotional emails for multiple projects that engage target audiences and lead to measurable outcomes
- Analyze email data to form best practices on email send times, audience, frequency, etc.all to be used to enhance statistics for use in grant responses
- Contribute to social media content production
- Work directly with the Senior Art Director to develop needed graphics, charts
- Maintain status reports
- Conduct status meetings with Project Managers to ensure that all projects are on schedule, all solicitations are on target and expectations are being met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
- Complies with dress code, proper paperwork procedures, prompt follow-up communications and departmental policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or marketing or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of office experience
- Experience writing long-and short-form pieces, grant responses and pithy captions
- Superior editing and copy writing skills
- Strong understanding of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to produce moderate amounts of written material quickly, while maintaining high standards
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently and without supervision (including remotely), but have the intuition to know when an issue needs to be brought to your supervisor and.or Project Managers
- Experience working with nonprofits helpful
- Working knowledge of and passion about crime victims’ issues
- Experience working with MailChimp or similar email marketing platform and basic understanding of HTML
The following physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
This position requires the candidate to remain in a stationary position for the majority of duties while interacting with staff. The candidate should be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
This person constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
The candidate must be able to move and/or position office equipment in excess of 10 lbs. including items such as laptops, peripherals, routers, and other hardware.
The candidate must be able to accurately and efficiently exchange information verbally and/or via web based technology.
The candidate must have vision correctable to a level where individual can operate a computer and recognize text on a computer monitor.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interfaces regularly with general employee population in person, on the phone and through email.
- Interfaces regularly with members and outside vendors in person, on the phone and through email.
This position reports to the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer
- This position requires a criminal background check and is an FLSA exempt position
- The salary for this position begins at $45,000
- This position allows telework up to three days per week, after successful probationary period
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, vacation, sick and personal, 15 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
The National Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions-in-force, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
To Apply Please submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.