The intern reports to the Director of the National Crime Victim Bar Association (NCVBA, an affiliate of the National Center). The NCVBA provides technical support to attorneys representing crime victims in civil actions, refers crime victims to lawyers in their local area, and works to increase general awareness about the availability of civil remedies for victims of crime.
We are seeking an unpaid Program Assistant intern to help with our National Crime Victim Bar Association (NCVBA), the legal arm of the organization. The NCVBA connects victims of crime to lawyers across the nation, and provides ongoing technical litigation support and trainings on how victim advocates can better use the civil justice system to help victims of crime. This internship provides an opportunity to build your resume with while learning how a non-profit organization that works with those in need operates from the inside.
- Assist with planning, marketing, and execution of conferences;
- Assist with membership services;
- Assist with databases and administrative work.
- Interest in legal studies and/or victim issues;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Basic computer skills; web site/html experience beneficial;
- Cooperative team work style.
Membership and Training Coordinator
National Crime Victim Bar Association
Can be done for college credit.
Summer term, apply by April 1.
Fall term, apply by July 1,
Spring, apply by November 1.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume: