The National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC), the nation’s leading victim advocacy and resource nonprofit organization, seeks a dynamic and compassionate staff attorney to promote access to civil justice for victims of crime by helping conduct Civil Justice Seminars and by managing the Attorney Referral Service (ARS,) which provides victims of crime with resources and referrals to civil attorneys. The position reports to the Director of the National Crime Victim Bar Association (NCVBA).
● Provide information and referrals to crime victims, service providers, and the general public.
● Manage the National Crime victim Bar Association attorney referral database;
● Recruit and supervise a staff of legal interns;
● Maintain website based legal document bank;
● Provide technical assistance to members of the National Crime Victim Bar Association;
● Facilitate CLE accreditation for conferences and seminars;
● Assist Director of the National Crime Victim Bar Association;
● Assist the National Center for Victims of Crime in grant writing and some development;
● Perform legal research and complete certain nationwide legal projects; and
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Juris Doctor Degree;
● Project-management experience;
● Strong writing ability, with grant writing experience a plus;
● Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently;
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
Fringe Benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan with matching contributions.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume: